Thursday, May 3, 2007

Kolat - Back Flip

Here is a clip of one of the greatest. This is not the way to counter for everyone but it is impressive to see Kolat back flip, and score in such a funky manner.



We have some down time here during the day. Our guys are getting ready to hit the road and wrestler up at the Great Plains in Waterloo. I have to finish up some work and then I will go up tommorow to watch them and the high schoolers.
I have my USA Coaches card but I can't get into the corner. Thats fine with me, I will just enjoy watching the best guys in the country compete and take notes on what they are doing so that we can consider bringing it back here.
Good luck to the Dutch Wrestlers as they head up there. I am proud to see that they have made a commitment to year round training and while I can't coach them I want the to know that I appreciate everything they are doing to get better. It wasn't long ago that I was a mat rat, just tryingto get as many matches as I could and learn as much as I could.
One final note. I want to congratulate Nate Engel. Last weekend he won University Nationals in Greco and he graduates from Missouri Valley College this weekend!

No comments: