Monday, April 23, 2007

This week: Strength Training, Wrestling, New Web Site

I have been doing a lot of recruiting over the last couple of weeks. For us here at Central we have struggled in the past to attract some of the top talent but things are starting to turn around. There is a unique opportunity here and that opportunity is apparent in the people around us.

Anyway, I am going to be starting my own website. At the moment it is an incomplete project but over time I will get a better idea of where I want to go with it. I know I want it to be more then most of the other sites out there but, there is no way I can devote hours to it per day.

http://www.CarrWrestling.com will be up soon! So start checking it.

This week’s article is going to give you a good look at a strength training program. There are programs out there that are great and some that are not but nothing is worth anything if you don’t get it done. One-hundred years ago wrestlers trained by doing farm work and guess what… It worked pretty well. With all of our great technology and science it is not worth anything if we don’t put it into practice. The Polio vaccine only works if your get the shot. A training program only works if you follow it.

The first program I will post will be a normal weight program from the Central Strength Coaches. I will later supplement it with some more functional training ideas. If you ever go to Europe you will see that they do a lot of gymnastics. What most strength coaches don’t understand is wrestling is more like gymnastics then football. Muscle will help but if you can’t change levels it isn’t worth anything.

Look out for that on Thursday.

No comments: